jueves, 10 de marzo de 2011

I'm Losing myself. Robin Pecknold


Antes de que se me baje el "subidón" tengo que compartir con vosotros esta canción que he descubierto gracias a uno de los mejores blogs de música-en mi modesta opinión- "I'm Fuel you are Friends" de la americana Heather Browne.

El tema es de Robin Pecknold, el cantante de "The Fleet Foxes" y se llama "I'm Losing myself". Publicada hace dos días en su Twitter Pecknold nos sorprende con esta joya grabada junto a Ed Droste -el cantante de Grizzly Bear.

Una letra redonda, una voz sugerente. Solo acompañados por una guitarra, Pecknold y Droste (como si de un duo al estilo Simon & Garfunkel se tratara) nos "susurran" y embelesan con maestría.




i'm a fast breather, i'm a hairless dog.


and alone at the end of the day, i'm just like the gathering fog.


i'm a slow mover, i'm the best laid plans.


and alone at the end of the day, i just sit with my head in my hands.


but we speak easy. and we seldom fight.


and i chew on the bones of the day while you sleep soft and warm in the night. 


and i can't see you. with anyone else. 
even if that means holding me down,

even if that means losing myself.

he's a smooth talker and he shaves his face. 


and i wonder if you look at me and instead see him taking my place.


but i do need you. and no one else.


and i hope you're around and forgiving when you see me losing myself.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario